• Procurement of Update Lab Equipment
• Recruitment of Chemists and Lab Attendants
• Total Cost: Rs. 50 Million
• Period: 36 Months
ii) Strengthening of Technical Information Support System of Department of Plant Protection by Linking Quarantine Outposts with WeBOCC System of Pakistan Customs
• Integration of DPP with WeBOC System of Pakistan Customs
• Procurement of Latest Office Equipment for all Offices of the Department in Pakistan
• Total Cost: Rs. 8.07 Million
• Period: 12 Months
Strengthening & up-gradation of Plant Quarantine Laboratory, Malir Halt, Karachi.
• Procurement of Update Lab Equipments
• Recruitment of Research Officer and Lab Attendants
• To cater the testing of trade consignments, keeping in view the SPS and food safety requirements of the trading partners.
• To provide bio-safety containment to the agriculture sector through identification of exotic insects, molds, bacteria, viruses and diseases.
• To introduce the food quality and food safety testing for import/export commodities.
• To strengthen the capability and credibility on fumigation of agro based products.
• To develop and adopt the international and regional phytosanitary standards.
• To build the capacity of quarantine department through enhancing technical skills as per mandate.
• Total Cost: Rs. 58.758 Million
• Period: 24 Months