Export of Mango to Australia
- 2010 – NPPO-NPPO and Diplomatic Correspondence
- July 2011– Non-Regulated Analysis: Extension of Existing Policy for Fresh Mango Fruit from Pakistan
- May 28 – June 04, 2012 – Technical Audit of Pakistan Mango Export System by DAFF-Australia
- 2012-13 – Development of SOPs and MoUs
- July 2013 – Technical Audit
- 29 August 2013 – Hot Water Treatment/ Export of First Consignment to Australia
Correspondence with other NPPOs
- DPP as NPPO, Pakistan finalized Phytosanitary protocols with USDA-APHIS for export of mango this year, subject to Irradiation Treatment for the disinfestations of fruit flies at destination (USA).
- In the year 2011, Pakistan first time exported 3 consignments of mango weighing 4000 Kg.
- A work Plan for export of Rice and Addendum for export of Mangoes from Pakistan to USA were signed on 25 May 2012.
After long struggling for the finalization of Phytosanitary protocols for the export of mango from Pakistan to Jordan. Pakistan has started export of mango to Jordan with Hot Water Treatment in 2010.
Pakistan is exporting Kinnow, Rice and Mango in huge quantity to Iran and facing challenges of fake certification smuggling issues at the border at Iran. There are other commodities such as peach, plum, sweet cherry, apricot and fig to be exported to Iran for which PRA is in progress with Quarantine Authorities of Iran.
The Japanese Government has amended its rules and regulation and issued its official Gazette Notification No.5485, which allowed Pakistani fresh mangoes Sindhri and Chaunsa varieties provided that the fruit is Vapor Heat Treated at 47 Degree Centigrade for 25 minutes. For the first time in the year 2011, under the directive of President of Pakistan, 600 Kg VHT-treated mangoes were sent to Japan as gift sample. After the establishment of Commercial VHT Plant we will be able to export mango to Japan.
Recently the export team of Lebanon has visited the GAP certified mango orchards and a MOU has been signed between the two countries for the export of mangoes by Hot Water Treatment.
Chilean delegation is expected to visit Pakistan in this mango season to finalize Phytosanitary Protocols with Pakistan.
September 6-8, 2012: Pakistan – India Joint Commission
MFN Status, Trade Facilitation Centers (Wahga, Khokrapar- Munabao and Chakoti)
- 2006 – Ban imposed on Pakistan’s exports
- 2007 – Ban lifted partially (Citrus and Mango)
- 2008 – Ban lifted completely and phytosanitary
November 11-18, 2012 – Delegation of FSVPS visited Pakistan, Protocols drafted
Export of Mango to Korea
Pre-Clearance Programme 2012
Mango Export: 30 metric tons
Pre-Clearance Programme 2013
Mango Export: 300 – 400 metric tons (Target)